Labels

Monday, September 30, 2013

XCOM Enemy Within DLC, not an expansion, is going to be released in November 2013


Most of us are expecting an expansion pack for the XCOM game, but instead we have additional content, new upgrades for the units and new enemies.  This is usually accompanied by new campaign, but this one is just new units for both XCOM and the aliens.

I think, it's a bit expensive just to have an upgrade on units.  I don't know. Steam is giving me a hard time connecting to their server, since my area's shared IP has been blocked.

I'll buy, if it comes with a box in our local store.  Not buying if directly from steam.  I still like my box and DVD package.

Update: This game has already been released in the Philippines, but those who bought the installer need to wait for Nov 15 to start playing the game.  Also correction, this is an expansion pack in a sense it expands the game with new weapons and enemies.  With new enemies, there come new goals to the game.  I have been playing with it for a few hours and the game expansion does improve the game.  I also noticed the easy mode is still hard to play.  I started with normal and I got my butt kicked most of the time.  I can't wait for XCOM 2, next year hopefully a continued story rather than new faction and additional equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment