Labels

Friday, August 17, 2012

Samsung ST77 Review and First Look

Samsung ST77 point & shoot camera
For people, who want to capture that moment, a digital camera is the way to go.  Sure, we have cameras on our cellphone.  But it is a bit better from a device that is truly for the purpose of capturing that moment.

Samsung ST77 box side angle view
I have to admit, the photos taken by this camera is a bit blurred at times or has a lot of noise.  It could be, I just didn't set it right.


But for the price, it's a bit OK, but wish it could have been better.  It has a nice specs on paper:

  • HD video
  • 5x optical zoom
  • 16.1 megapixel
  • Optical Image Stabilization (OIS)
  • Smart Filter 2.0
  • F2.5 Bright Lens 
  • Live Panorama
  • Lithium Ion rechargeable battery

For the price of Php6,990(about $162), you get a slim digital camera with Lithium Ion rechargeable battery with 4GB micro SD card, wrist strap, micro USB cable for charging and transfer of pictures and a black camera case with Samsung logo.

click to enlarge
click to enlarge










The camera could be placed on your pocket easily, it is light, easy to carry around and comes in different colors.


USB connection on the side

On the side of the camera there is a micro USB to connect with a computer to directly transfer files.

At the back, you have your usual LCD screen with menu, mode, review, function, and adjustment buttons. There are multiple present scene selections, features such as frames, deform/funny faces and picture within a picture.


All in all a great camera, with ample light on the photo subject even when the environment is a bit dark.  Best bet is to use flash on dark places, unless you want that dark effect.  Automatic ISO is good.  A bit better than previous cameras on capturing images in poor light conditions.  

There are other better cameras out there.  But if you are in a budget, want a lithium battery powered camera, you only point & shoot anyway and like your camera to be colorful.  Then this is the camera for you.

Again the pros:
  • Good automatic ISO for night and dark shots
  • Nice pictures on well lighted areas
  • Light weight, can be placed in the pocket
  • Comes with camera case, wrist strap and SD expansion memory card
  • Very accessible Service Center in Metro Manila for Warranty availment
  • Lithium Battery for longer battery life.
  • Presets and software features are good enough, much like other cameras of its class.

The cons:
  • Picture blurred at times
  • Workmanship on the device could be a bit better. Unaligned at some point.
  • Flash is only effective for a few feet. (like most point & shot cameras)


Bought this camera at Pixel Pro in SM Megamall Cyber Zone.

According to them, the warranty can be only be availed at the Samsung service center at the following address: Ground Floor Bonaventure Plaza, Ortigas Ave., Geenhills San Juan. Phone number: 580-5777





2 comments:

  1. Hello Everyone
    I am from India and using Samsung Galaxy Y. Some days ago, I went to Samsung Service Centre, as got some water damage. And they checked that, and told me that the phone touch and jack are destroyed and have to replace these. I said okay coz my phone was under warranty. But they told me that they would charge me 4000/-. As it was near the half amount of new phone’s price. Then I went to another service centre and they told me to charge 1600/-. So I gave my phone to them as they were charging less amount then first one. But my some of friends told me that they have charged me unnecessarily. Because if our any product is under warranty, the company pay for their repair. So I contacted the centre for same but they didn’t respond me for my issue. So, I filed my complaint in Consumer Court. I just hope for great help from their side as soon as possible. I just shared my experience to aware you guys. I hope it worked.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the Philippines, water damage is not covered by the warranty. If known to have been damaged by water, the device repair will be charged. The warranty only covers factory defects and damages not caused by user to the unit in any way.

    ReplyDelete