Labels

Friday, November 2, 2012

Red Dead Redemption - XBox360


I am very cheap, I buy my games based on the price and game reviews.

The very first game I bought for the XBox360 is Red Dead Redemption.  Bought it for Php999.75 (around $24 USD) Asian Edition.  Since, the XBox360 we have is an Asian version, we can only load Asian versions of the games.

There are also US versions of it available here in the Philippines for almost the same price.

Family Computer

This is my first time to play on a gaming console, except for the Family Computer I bought when I was in college to play games like Goonies, and Battle City.  I usually play on my PC and shrug the gaming console.  Hey, my sibling bought the XBox360 unit, might as well use it.

Inside the Red Dead Redemption DVD Case

My impression on the game played on the XBox360:

  1. It's a bit hard to get used to the controls, but the controller is very comfortable on the hands.
  2. The graphics is just ok, I was expecting it to be better, since this is a gaming console after all.
  3. I was expecting to slouch on the couch, but instead I had to concentrate on the game.
  4. There are times the game's goal is frustrating.
  5. Since it is open world game, you can roam around aimlessly just not knowing what to do.  Ok, here's a tip you can actually open the map from the start button, then there's an instruction there how to make a way-point for you to get to point A to point B.  That way, you get to your mission a bit faster.
  6. After playing with it for more than an hour by myself, you do enjoy somewhat being in the west.  I now get the mechanics of the game, you need to earn money thru bounty on criminals. 
In Red Dead Redemption, I can never get used to the puppet like faces of the characters, I was kind of like expecting the graphics to go ballistic when they talk.  Or turn into zombies, since their faces are a bit creepy to look at.. lifeless puppets, really. 
Front of the DVD Case

The review of the game is correct, you will enjoy it.  But there is a boring portion of it, where you roam around until you get to the gang's hide-out.  Frustrating even, when you want to capture the wanted person, but have to kill him, cus he will kill you, when he is given the chance.  I died, in this game multiple times for different reasons.  It has a bit of a learning curve for casual gamers, such as myself.

I will definitely play the game again, if I have time on weekends.  I can't on weekdays, since I will probably play it until morning and look very tired in the office.

Red Dead Redemption Back Cover

If I had a choice on getting another game or this game, my answer would be yes, I would probably try another game as long as it is the same price.  A first person shooter, probably Halo, or something to that effect, where I shoot as a first person.



No comments:

Post a Comment